i put the pathetic in empathetic
i’m literally sitting here crying because my roommate is so negative and tense and doesn’t act like a human being and i just soak up people’s emotions like a sponge
Before anything, if you are really really upset here is a masterpost with lots of good resources (and here is another for good measure). If you are feeling like you want to tackle the causes of the anxiety, try this:
1. Make list of things you are feeling anxious about
2. Write next to each item yes or no for whether or not you can do anything about it
3. For the no’s: Take 20 or so minutes to write about your worries/feelings
4. For the yes’s: Attempt to “flip” your perspective/see the problem as a positive
5. If you can’t flip, break the situation down into manageable pieces and make a plan.
6. Burn off anxious energy through fun activity
7. Come back refreshed and get to work on your plan!